What is Friends?
Friends of the Eddyville Public Library is a section 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 2006 to help further the general goals and objectives of the Eddyville Public Library.
The primary goals of Friends are:
- to stimulate community awareness of the library
- to advocate for the library
- to sponsor community events and activities
- to support special fundraising programs
- to encourage gifts, endowments, and memorials
- to promote volunteer activities
- to provide support to the library's annual children's summer reading program
- to purchase items and materials that cannot be bought from the library's general budget